You can make your own candle. It's safe enough for a kid. Here's how.
- Take half of a nutshell.
- Break a crayon into tiny pieces.
- Put the pieces in the nutshell.
- Melt the pieces with a magnifying glass.
- Let the wax melt.
- Put in a piece of yarn about 2 inches.
- Put in more pieces of crayon twice as much as you did before.
- Melt those.
- Put in freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Store in cool dry place.
- Try to get the light as small as possible.
- For more information on using the magnifying glass to melt the crayon see How to Create Fire With a Magnifying Glass.
- Don't put your hand in the light.
- Wear sunglasses.