Pumice is easy to carve into a shape. This is a very quick and straightforward craft idea that you can turn into a homemade gift for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, or a birthday or Christmas gift at the last minute.
- Create a heart-shaped template on paper. Cut out the heart shape with scissors. Apply to the top of the pumice piece and draw around it with the chalk. This forms the shape to carve out.
- Form the heart shape. Use the teaspoon to gently carve away the pumice into a heart shape, following the lines of the template drawing.
- Trace around the tealight candle shape with the chalk. Make sure to center it in the heart shape.
- Dig out the tealight candle circle. Make it as smooth as possible inside the circle.
- Decorate the shell if wished. Glue small shells, beads, glass pebbles etc. in any arrangement that you'd like.
- Place the candle in position. The gift is complete.
- Wrap in clear cellophane and give it to someone you love.
- Carving can be easier if you dampen the pumice with a few sprinkles of water but don't wet it thoroughly or you'll have to wait until it dries.
- Don't forget to create a label that states "Handmade by ...." on it.
Things You'll Need Edit
- Large piece of pumice
- Paper and pen
- Teaspoon (for carving)
- Decorative items such as shells, beads, glass pebbles etc.
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Tea light candle - try to get a colored one
- Cellophane for wrapping, clear
- Gift label
- Raffia for attaching label
Related wikiHows Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.