Have you ever seen someone put out a candle with their fingers? Have you ever wanted to try it without burning your hands? Here is a way to do it safely
- Light your Candle. Candle should be at least 1 inch high and freestanding. Make sure you can pull your hand away quickly.
- Lick your Fingers. This is an important part of the process! Do not skip it! Licking your fingers adds a layer of water that protects your skin from getting burned
- Place your hand about 1 inch away from the flame/wick.
- Quickly grab the wick and then let go. This should put out your flame. If it does not, blow out your candle, shorten your wick and try again.
- Eventually with practice you can do this without licking your fingers, but you must master the timing first. Be warned!
- Have a bucket of water nearby, in case something catches on fire.
- Practice makes perfect, practicing helps you get over the fear of touching a flame.
- If you hold the wick too long, your fingers could get burned.
- Soot from the wick will come off on your fingers. Wash it off and don't touch your face or clothing, because you'll leave black marks.
- Don't do it without Liquid on your fingers before you've tried it with it first!
Things You'll Need Edit
Related wikiHows Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.